Advantages of a Low-Code/No-Code Platform in the Industry 4.0 Solution Deployment
The ideal Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) platform helps enterprises connect machines, employees, and processes. Through such connection and data exchange between these entities, new driven capabilities emerge, leading to several business benefits. But given that Industry 4.0 application requirements can vary from simple monitoring to complex predictive analytics, they need to be built on a flexible and scalable foundation.
What you ideally need is a low-code or no-code platform for application customization and deployment. So, what does such a platform offer?
A low-code/no-code platform eliminates the need for engineers with programming skills to build and deploy applications. Non-IT users can just as easily spin up applications in no-time, and keep up with their Industry 4.0 needs.
They can quickly deploy IIoT solutions at platform level, in the cloud or at the Edge using advanced ‘drag and drop’ capabilities - without any coding experience or programming know-how.
Organizations can quickly witness their configurations come to life on the factory floor with the highest accuracy and in the shortest time possible - which will ultimately result in unmatched deployment scalability.
A low-code/no-code platform can not only accelerate your digitization and Industry 4.0 journey; it can also allow you to quickly customize, configure, and deploy solutions in a real-world scenario and drive rapid value from your IIoT investments.
The deployment challenges of an IIoT use case
IIoT is being used across various manufacturing sectors, enabling organizations to improve productivity, reduce costs, and increase efficiency.
But deploying IIoT platforms is not as easy as flipping a switch. To drive real-time insight and rapid innovation, there is a need to strike the right balance between cost, quality, and time – while ensuring the deployment fits the intended use case.
Here’s looking at the deployment challenges of any IIoT platform:
- High deployment cost: Despite the long-term efficiency and productivity gains of IIoT, the deployment costs are rather high. These costs include the cost of the necessary infrastructure, technology, and skill set needed to successfully implement the solution. In most cases, these high costs compel manufacturers to stay away from investing in IIoT or resort to non-efficient ways of implementing the solution.
- Long lead time: Another challenge faced by manufacturers while deploying IIoT platforms is the time it takes for deployment. Since any IIoT solution deployment needs to be scalable. While implementing multiple use cases and getting them to seamlessly scale over time is not easy.
- Restricted innovation: Since IIoT platforms are complex and time-consuming to develop and deploy, they tend to impact productivity – thus restricting long-term innovation. Since developers spend months developing a new feature, time ends up becoming a huge barrier to innovation.
- Skill gap: Lack of the right skills and expertise also tends to wreak havoc on successful IIoT deployment. Given the pace of technological change that’s happening, finding qualified resources to design, deploy, and maintain modern IIoT solutions and networks and the urgent need to constantly update and upgrade them is a huge challenge.
- Poor agility: Given the volatile and dynamic nature of the manufacturing landscape, there is a pressing need for organizations to be able to respond to changing trends and demands. But creating IIoT capabilities that take current trends into the picture, offer up-to-date capabilities, and function smoothly across devices is tough.
How Delpheon addresses them
Delpheon offers a proven low-code/no-code IIoT platform that is specifically designed to accelerate enterprise digital transformation journeys. The platform enables the rapid development of new features and capabilities, helping organizations eliminate tedious, time-consuming tasks and simplifying the way applications are created.
In an industrial setting, low-code/no-code IIoT platforms are getting increasingly popular, as they help speed up the development of new solutions. Since they require no programming skill or expertise, even non-developers can quickly and easily build applications to keep up with the evolving needs of the business.
With the Delpheon platform, you can
- Easily build custom applications to meet a specific business requirement with higher accuracy
- Quickly realize true cloud deployment options for scalability, fault tolerance, and reliability
- Enjoy consistent and cohesive features for data collection, data processing, alerting, notifications, dashboards, and analytics
- Combine industry insights and customer inputs to produce real-world solutions faster with low risk
- Quickly and easily integrate add-ons and third-party components for platform and device management
- Incrementally deploy applications across locations, servers, devices, and timeframes
- Enjoy high levels of data quality, reliability, and availability while bringing overall Industry 4.0 investment and timeframe lower
- Leverage the benefits of a clean and logical communication framework for multi-device, multi-system integration
In today’s constantly changing business environment, low-code/no-code technology enables IIoT developers to quickly spin up innovative solutions – with the most modern features and capabilities. Since the technology is easy-to-use and understand, manufacturers can easily address the skills gap while leveraging modern ‘drag and drop’ features and reusable components used to create low code applications that meet the required quality, security, and data privacy standards.
With a low-code/no-code IIoT platform like Delpheon, teams can drastically avoid the time taken to write custom code and build customized applications tailored to their unique Industrial use cases.